Friday, February 28, 2014

Two Years

For two years I posted on a blog each day. (SHAMELESS PLUG: http://my-glass-is-both.blogspot.ca/) At first it was excitement of a new goal that kept me going. As the months drew on, it was the commitment to the goal that kept me going & then as the first year came to an end, it was the habit of it that kept me logging on each day.

After the first year, I wasn't quite ready to give up my daily post. Until New Year's Eve, I had been undecided. By mid-day I decided that December 31, 2012 would indeed be my last entry. Then I started drinking. After reminiscing about the blog & re-reading some of the more popular entries, I promptly changed my mind. I woke up on January 1, 2013 & I posted.

I muddled through 2013 with some comical posts but mainly I used the blog as a diary. Being "forced" to write every day meant that some of the posts were short & sweet & others were just downright boring & meaningless. I used "forced" because I was the only one "forcing" myself... &  near the end of 2013, that is exactly what it took to keep up with my commitment.

I ended the blog on December 31, 2013 but the truth is, I blogged everyday for the month of January & in to February. I saved these posts but I didn't publish them.

After a few days in February, I started to feel the old familiar feeling creep up. The feeling of not wanting to write but forcing myself to.

So I stopped.

I stopped posting in that blog & I wrote nothing for over a week. Then I started missing it. That's how I came up with the idea for this one. I want a place to write what I want but I also want it to be WHEN I want. I have set no rules for myself, no deadlines & no time limits. When the urge strikes, I will write. I am happy with that.

Today I had an urge. Now I feel accomplished & I can log one more post. Until next time...

Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment