Friday, February 14, 2014

Plain Old Me

This summer I will be leaving my marriage. I am moving my 3 boys back to my home province & I will be a single Mom. To say that I am nervous about doing this is an understatement. I worry about it constantly. I worry about where we will live, where I will work, how much money will I make, how will the boys handle the news, will they like their new school, will they still like me, where will I get a bed, & where will I get a toaster? These are SOME of my worries.

SIDE NOTE: Weirdly enough, these worries literally keep me awake at night but during the day, I am confident! The mind works in mysterious ways, doesn't it!?!

One thing I don't worry about, or rather, no longer worry about, is if I am making the right choice. I know absolutely, for sure that I am making the right choice. This marriage has been broken for a long time. Lately, it is so wounded that I have a hard time remembering a time when it wasn't. Although my husband & I are very amicable about the situation, the truth of the matter is, we are done being married to each other. Hmmm, maybe THAT is why we are so amicable about it all?

SIDE NOTE: See?? THIS ^ is why I love blogging SO much!!! Figuring my crap out while I type!! Cheaper than paying a shrink!

Anyways, this blog isn't about my bad marriage, although I am sure certain examples will come up. This blog is about me... Plain old me. I am a 35 year old woman about to be on my own again. My 3 little hoodlums (my affectionate name for my kids) will be my rock through all of this & this blog will be an outlet for me to vent, celebrate, feel sorry for myself & a place to kick my own ass when I need it.

Breaking up was hard, even when the time was right, but waking up in to a new me & a new life will be easy! Or at least that's what I tell myself!!!

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment